Saturday, November 14, 2009

Candy Girl


This blog is not about cross-dressing or travestism. It's not about men pretending to be women or "passing" as them. It rather tries to promote those inspired and imaginative designers, who are finally bringing some creativity to the otherwise dull and uninspired male wardrobe.
The introduction of bright colors, creative prints and patterns, the presence of garments such as skirts, dresses, high heels, or stockings in their runways, as well as the wearing of earrings, necklaces and other jewellery, and even makeup, may some day change the way a "real man" should look.

I know that in following that spirit some designers, myself included, sometimes get carried away. We often push the envelope pretty hard, and the results are "androgynous", to put it mildly, or actually end up looking more feminine than masculine by "traditional" standards. But then, what are those standards and who set them? And why?
Some rules are there to be broken, or at least questioned, don't you think?

That being said, I'm aware that some of my readers actually belong to the TV and TG communities... and I have no problem with that! Quite on the contrary! Sometimes I don't know how to draw that thin line myself: "But... am I not crossdressing?", I've wondered as I dress up in a particularly frilly garment.

That's why I'm announcing the appearance of Candy, a new fashion magazine clelebrating crossdressing. The first "transversal fashion magazine" was recently edited by Spanish publisher Luis Venegas. Those important groups, for so long neglected by the fashion industry, are finally having their own publication, and I'd be often referring to it, if I could only get a copy! The premiere issue was limited to only 1,000 copies! There's not much you can learn from Venegas' site, and their main online information source, their Facebook fan page, is not too reveling either.

Male model Luke Worrall is the cover cover face for the premier issue of Candy Magazine. Contributors include photographers Bruce Weber, Tim Walker and Terry Richardson, and stylists Kim Jones and Robbie Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment